Custom Beamforming Vectors

I have a couple of questions about the Link-level Simulator. I hope you can help me.

I would like to place multiple BSs at given positions that collaborate to serve a single UE(vehicle) that is moving along a straight line at constant speed. For this, I will create custom beamforming vectors. Can this be done with the Link-level Simulator? If possible, could you please give me some hints about the following questions? Maybe you could also recommend whether the SL or LL simulator is better suited for this use case.

• The BS has three sectors, right? Each of the sectors operates at the same frequency or different ones? By frequency I do not mean carrier frequency but sub-bands.

• If I have deployed multiple BSs, what are the frequencies (sub-bands) for each of the sectors? Is there a frequency pattern by default (I mean frequency reuse factor)?

• Can I customize the beamforming vectors? In which file can I do this?

• On a side note, how can I specify the positions and movement for the network elements?

Hi,

• The LLS does not have sectors.
  • The frequency depends on the schedule.
  • If you are considering digital precoding, then you can control the beamforming by adapting the precoding matrix, i.e., modulation.precodingMatrix. If you set your precoding scheme to hybrid, then you have to set the precoding matrix and the analog precoder (modulation.precodingMatrix, modulation.analogPrecoder)
  • You can specify the position of the node by activating the geometric layout and setting the positions in the scenario file. In the current implementation, the UE’s position is fixed. The velocity is used for calculating the Doppler.

The current implementation does not support the cooperation of BSs. You will have to adapt the code to be able to simulate the scenario you have described above.

Best,
Mariam

Hi Mariam

Thanks for the quick reply. Is the geometric layout a feature of the new release? I couldn’t find anything about it in the v1.2 documentation.

Edit: Just looked at the release notes again. I must have read over it the first time.

Best Regards,
Luca