We are happy to announce a new release of the Vienna 5G System Level Simulator, that is version 1.3.
The simulator is provided for free under an academic, non-commercial use license. For this, please consider the license agreement that can be found in our website (Vienna 5G Simulators – Telecommunications). Companies, no matter whether profit-oriented or not, can purchase a license.
The new features and improvements are listed in the change log below.
The Vienna Cellular Communications Simulators Team
Newly introduced features:
- traffic models: VoIP, Gaming, Video Streaming, HTTP, FTP
- non-adaptive synchronous HARQ
- model-based LOS/NLOS decision
- weighted round robin scheduling
- technology aware precoders
- 256-QAM and 1024-QAM
- NOMA MIMO support
- NOMA feedback extension
- uplink lite SINR
- QuaDRiGa MIMO support
- small-cell cell-association bias
Bug fixes and improvements:
- maximum user speed is used for channel trace generation and calculating Doppler frequency for the small scale fading
- signaling overhead toggle parameters (reference and synchronization signal can now be turned off)
- refactored path loss calculation
- INI power normalization bug fix
- more optional additional results: total macroscopic fading, shadow fading, wall loss, antenna gain
- uniform distribution of fixed number of Poisson street users and interference region base stations